Thursday, September 15, 2011

Modest Update

You probably noticed a slow-down in our blog for the last few weeks. That’s partially my fault. I hit a burn-out on cooking and stuff, which I am now coming out of. In the meantime, Chrissie and I have been eating out more and now we find ourselves suffering for it. I miss good food. My stomach misses good food. My entire body misses good food. And caffeine, but that’s another story.

The one huge downside to living in the suburbs is the piss-poor dining out options. If you know what I’m talking about, then we have kindred stomachs. Food in the suburbs exemplifies one of our society’s great ironies: we have a great abundance of stuff, but the majority of it is not worth consuming.

Anyway, I have some big plans for the near future, so you’ll see more material show up soon. First, my plan is to play around with brining vegetables. Anyone who likes pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi, whatever will want to stay tuned. Also, I am motivated to make hamburger patties. Other people’s hamburgers just don’t do it for me anymore. It’s happened – I’ve become a narcissistic hamburger elitist.

So don't give up on us. It'll be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment